Specialized Care – Meadowbrook Commons
Our specialized care neighborhood provides a higher level of personal care for those who need more assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, getting in/out of chairs or bed, walking, and eating.
People often ask us the difference between our Assisted Living and Specialized Care settings. Our routine Service Plan meetings help to determine when more assistance can make for a more enjoyable lifestyle. The number of activities with which a resident needs assistance, as well as the amount of time required for those activities, determines whether the resident can benefit from either Assisted Living or Specialized Care.
We provide assistance around the clock, and medical care is close at hand. Eastern Maine Medical Center and St. Joseph Hospital, each just 15 minutes away, provide state‐of‐the‐art specialty services for our residents needing advanced care.
Services & Amenities
- Therapeutic assistance with activities of daily living (eating, ambulation, transfer, bathing, dressing and toileting)
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments with attendant
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Professional care planning to enhance residents’ health
- Three nutritious and delicious meals daily
- Linen and laundry service
- 24‐hour on‐site care associates
- Wellness programs
- On‐site emergency response system
- Routine housekeeping
- Social, recreational, and cultural programs
- Utilities, including cable TV, heat, air conditioning, and electricity
- Medical Director oversight available